Location: This position is based in Brookfield, Connecticut. For qualified and
interested out-of-state candidates willing to relocate, we offer a
competitive relocation package.
Employment: Full time
ROMTech now seeks a driven and ambitious Chief of Staff to join our team and work alongside the CEO from our headquarters in Brookfield, Connecticut. In this critical role, the candidate will serve as a respected leader and the right hand to the CEO, working in tandem. The candidate will drive high performance and foster key internal and external relationships. Successful candidates will have the proven ability to oversee execution and implementation, improve internal processes and decision making, and participate with driving all company objectives. The candidate must possess strong business acumen, the ability to juggle multiple priorities at once, capable of anticipating the CEO’s needs, and demonstrate a high level of initiative by going above and beyond expectations. This position will work in conjunction with and oversee the CEO’s Executive Assistant. Excellent communication skills (written and verbal) and follow through are essential. This is a highly entrepreneurial role within medtech that offers the autonomy and ownership to shape an early-stage company into a well-established market leader. In addition to the skills and competencies described below, we seek candidates who are open, honest, and candid.
Objectives of this Role
- Work as an extension of the CEO, attending meetings along his side and on your own;
- Attend key meetings and provide regular briefings and advice to the CEO on projects, strategic opportunities and company climate;
- Understand the CEO’s vision for the company and effectively delegate responsibilities to senior management;
- Lead and execute all communications and calendar for the CEO;
- Safeguard and prioritize the CEO’s time;
- Build strong and trusting relationships with management and employees to ensure issues, needs and concerns are raised proactively and addressed promptly;
- Channel feedback to the CEO and identify professional development opportunities for the CEO; and;
- Represent the CEO at all times, including official events and key meetings.
- Manage the daily flow of information and requests to the CEO’s office. Ensure requests are prioritized, clearly defined and immediately actionable.
- Guide the Executive Assistant on managing the CEO’s schedule.
- Review and edit all communications from the CEO’s office. Draft executive communications and correspondence on behalf of the CEO.
- Assist the CEO with communicating strategic objectives, challenges, and expectations to staff.
- Attend meetings with the CEO and on his behalf. Diligently document and follow through on actionable items. Ensure effective cross-functional collaboration among different divisions of the company on key priorities.
- Serve as a go-between for the CEO, senior team and staff to ensure smooth and effective communication within the company.
- Identify opportunities to foster collaboration across the company. Consult relevant stakeholders on potential solutions and drive those solutions towards completion.
- Assist the CEO with managing relationships with the company’s investors.
- Act as a thought partner during brainstorming sessions and identifying solutions to challenges.
Skills and Qualifications
- 8-10 years of relevant work experience, preferably in a startup environment
- Excellent organizational and interpersonal skills
- Solution-conscious, always looking for a way to get things done
- Proven leadership and experience planning strategic priorities and initiatives
- Strong written and verbal skills
- A people person, able to get along with just about anyone
- Discretion and confidentiality a must
IMPORTANT: Anyone applying for this role must read (or re-read) the book The Four Disciplines of Execution by Sean Covey et al, and be ready to discuss how you can implement and drive this within our company, and any such activity you have successfully implemented and/or driven in the past.
In summary, we seek a passionate, driven and entrepreneurial-minded professional who is ready to take their career to the next level. If this opportunity excites you, please reach out to us with a detailed cover letter outlining why you are a good fit for the role, along with an updated resume. We look forward to speaking with you.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.