Location: Brookfield, CT
Position Overview: ROMTech is now looking for a strong Director, Manufacturing & Engineering to lead our manufacturing operations in Brookfield, CT. We are looking for a strategic thinker with a proven track record in implementing lean manufacturing principles, ensuring regulatory compliance, and driving continuous improvement initiatives. The successful candidate will be an on-the-floor leader, have a strong background in manufacturing, a keen eye for process optimization, with the ability to lead cross-functional teams. The Director, Manufacturing & Engineering will report directly to our CEO. This is a full-time, onsite opportunity at our headquarters in Brookfield, CT.
- Leadership and Strategy:
- Lead and develop a strong daily management process with the assembly team to deliver on operational key performance indicators (KPIs) and business financials.
- Develop and implement manufacturing strategies aligned with the ROMTech’s overall business objectives.
- Provide strong leadership to the manufacturing team, fostering a culture of collaboration, accountability, and continuous improvement.
- Drive the development and execution of short and long-term manufacturing plans.
- Operational Excellence:
- Oversee day-to-day manufacturing operations to ensure efficiency, quality, and on-time delivery of products.
- Implement lean manufacturing principles and best practices to optimize processes and reduce production costs.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams to identify and implement process improvements.
- Regulatory Compliance:
- Ensure manufacturing processes comply with all relevant regulatory standards and guidelines.
- Collaborate with quality and regulatory affairs teams to maintain compliance with FDA and other regulatory requirements.
- Procurement & Supply Chain Management:
- Optimize resource allocation to meet production targets and quality standards.
- Lead the procurement team to manage the supply chain and ensure timely availability of materials.
- Performance Metrics:
- Develop and monitor KPIs to assess and improve manufacturing performance.
- Analyze data to identify trends, address issues, and drive continuous improvement.
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in a leadership role in manufacturing, medical device manufacturing preferred.
- Proven track record of implementing lean manufacturing principles and driving process improvements.
- Experience in a hyper-growth environment, critical.
- Strong leadership and team management skills.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of regulatory requirements for medical device manufacturing (FDA, ISO, etc.), preferred.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. We are an equal opportunity employer.
Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.