We are currently looking for a General Accountant to represent the finance department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. This position will be reporting to the Accounting Manager and be responsible for delivering high quality accounting and analytical support, ensuring the accuracy of the ROMTech’s accounting records and meeting the timely close for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end.
- Assist with month-end close and prepare monthly financial reports as assigned.
- Prepare and post multiple company journal entries for monthly closing including prepaids, accruals, travel, and payroll.
- Assist the A/P functions including invoice coding, review travel expenses and post accrual entries as needed.
- Assist with the A/R functions including monthly billed revenue, payments, and outstanding receivables.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations within ERP system.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations as assigned.
- Maintain fixed asset module to ensure accuracy of costs and related depreciation.
- Reconciliation of fixed asset system to general ledger and prepare rollforward schedule.
- Assist with the documentation of month-end close processes and financial reporting.
- Assist with quarterly review and year-end audit.
- Assist with year-end tax filings, compile supporting documentation and prepare tax schedules.
- Minimum 3 years’ experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Strong analytical skills
- Keen attention to detail and accuracy
- Advanced Excel Skills (V-lookups, Pivot Tables)
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize tasks/multitask in a challenging fast-paced environment.
- Excellent communication skills and ability to build effective working relationships with internal partners
- Motivated, reliable, and flexible team player that enjoys to problem solve
- Strong work ethic with a positive, can-do attitude
This position is a full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for ambitious, hard-working and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.