Location: Brookfield, CT
Employment: Full time
We are seeking an experienced Business Analyst/Project Manager to join our Information Technology department at our headquarters in Brookfield, CT. Reporting to the Manager, Infrastructure & Operations, the Business Analyst/Project Manager will be responsible for effectively managing various projects and have strong business and systems analysis skills.
- Develop, manage and lead various smaller projects to include: development and management of project plans, define and deliver individual project deliverables as a part of the overall program deliverables, manage the expectations of all stakeholders, manage all project relationships, manage project teams in delivering the projects, communicate and manage tasks and activities to a schedule with the team, and provide feedback to team members as appropriate.
- Effectively manage smaller project efforts, to include: project plan, scope/budget/resource management, time management (activities & task planning), communications, risk management, QA and testing, user training, ongoing maintenance and support.
- Perform requirements gathering and analysis to include: analytical techniques, interview techniques, data gathering techniques, current system documentation, business modeling methods, business process, rules and logic, data gathering to solve complex issues, development of implementation plans, development of requirements, JAD sessions and key analytical troubleshooting.
- Develop and implement test plans/scenarios to ensure successful delivery of a project.
- Lend support to various business and technology teams as necessary during project delivery.
- Communicate effectively in both verbal (i.e. day-to-day discussions, team meetings) and written (requirements and design specifications) form, as well as have an overall ability to be clear and concise in all communications.
- Accurately determine, assign, track and manage project task, activity, documentation, time information per internal standards. Accurately assess the risks associated with each solution design/project.
- Support the development of team members from a professional and technical level.
- Effectively manage multiple priorities.
- Be able to travel as necessary, and perform additional job-related duties as requested.
- Thorough working knowledge of the SDLC models/methodologies, IT systems and their direct implementation to projects.
- Strong project management skills with small software development projects.
- Leadership and management skills in leading technical personnel through the delivery of software development projects.
- Strong business and systems analysis skills, test planning and testing skills, troubleshooting skills and experience with numerous environments and architectures.
- Ability to apply common, object-oriented modeling techniques, including UML, use case, activity and sequence diagrams.
- Experience in data gathering and facilitation techniques (i.e. meetings and JAD sessions).
- Experience with requirements management, use case and modeling tools.
- Experience with applying and general knowledge of various analysis and gathering approaches, methodologies and models.
- Demonstrated leadership and attention to detail skills through prior experience at the strategic and tactical/implementation levels.
- Ability to coach, mentor and train personnel within a technical organization.
- Strong analytical and planning skills/experience with software development projects.
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, General Information Technology or a related field, AND
- At least 5 (five) years of relevant experience in project management/business analysis with software development projects, OR
- Relevant combination of education and experience.
- Preferred: PMP certification and formal training in negotiation/facilitation skills
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.