Location: Brookfield, CT
ROMTech is looking for a strategic and experienced Logistics Manager to join our growing team. The Logistics Manager will be responsible for overseeing our scheduling department and managing the relationships with third-party logistic providers. This is a fulltime position, sitting at our headquarters in Brookfield CT, reporting directly to the Director of Logistics.
- Directly oversee the scheduling department and own relationships with our 3PL providers.
- Create and implement departmental best practices for policies & procedures (establish SLAs).
- Subject Matter Expert (SME) on all matters related to 3PL scheduling & deliveries, including EDI processes.
- Directs the departmental development of new techniques, strategies, and tools to better serve our patients.
- Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to achieve goals, create efficiencies, and reduce costs.
- Develop and drive documented improvement to KPIs and metrics.
- Create forecasting based on data, provide meaningful analysis and interpretations to aid in decision making.
- Drive adherence to legal, regulatory, and company policies and procedures.
- Ensure that quality, financial commitments, and customer satisfaction commitments are met.
- Negotiate rates and contracts with transportation and logistics providers.
- Ensure 3PL compliance with company policies and procedures.
- Confirm IT systems that are in place are effective, maintained, and accurate.
- Champion company and team initiatives for consistent execution and continuous improvement.
- Maintain a customer centric mindset.
- Ability to manage both internal and outsourced teams.
- Minimum 5-10 years of management experience in Logistics.
- Proven record of successfully leading and managing a Logistics team.
- Prior dispatch and/or scheduling experience is strongly preferred.
- In-home, residential delivery experience strongly preferred.
- Documented success in developing KPIs & metrics, improvement on them.
- Strong understanding of supply chain, distribution, and transportation principles.
- Proficient in Microsoft 365.
- Exceptional organizational and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage, coach, instruct, and evaluate employee’s work.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask, prioritize, and manage time effectively.
- Ability to collaborate inter-departmentally to solve challenges.
- Strong interpersonal skills with the ability to effectively communicate and complete tasks.
- Maintain confidentiality of sensitive information.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job.
- An up-to-date resume.
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, crouch and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.