We are now looking for a Manager, Internal Controls to represent the finance department in our Brookfield, Connecticut office. reviewing all internal processes, systems and policies and make recommendations to ensure the risk to the business is minimized with a view to delivering improvements by advising, coaching and facilitating in order to not undermine the responsibility of management.
- Develop internal control system and assure the ongoing monitoring and measuring of policies and procedures.
- Plan, organize and carry out the internal controls function including the preparation of an audit manual and audit plan.
- Assure the Organization is SOX compliant
- Develop Internal Control/SOX training materials and deliver training to the Organization.
- Conduct regular audits to verify that departments are following established procedures
- Report risk management issues and internal controls deficiencies identified directly to the CFO and Company Board and provide recommendations for improving the organization’s operations.
- Develop corrective action plans to remediate deficiencies.
- Identify business risks and develop preventive strategies. Conduct annual Business Risk Assessment.
- Evaluate information security, regulatory compliance program and the Organizations’ readiness in case of business interruption.
- Provide support to the Company’s anti-fraud programs.
- Assist in preparing the Company for an IPO
- 3 – 5 years’ experience in accounting, finance, auditing or Business Management
- in a rapidly growing business
- Experience in writing internal policies and procedures and process evaluation
- and documentation
- A demonstrated knowledge of internal controls
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects
- Strong analytical skills. Detail oriented and ability to work and interpret figures
- and other financial information.
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Ability to address issues and effect change
- Ability to always demonstrate a professional and objective perspective
- Capable of working under pressure in a fast-paced environment
- Flexible and adaptable approach and ability to work flexible hours from time to time
- Excellent commercial and financial awareness
- A ‘can-do’ attitude and resilient character with the ability to manage expectations
- The flexibility and independence to work in a changing environment. Ability to
- work independently
This position is a full-time employment opportunity. We are looking for ambitious, hard-working and dedicated individuals who take great pride in their work. We are a startup and encourage candidates with a “no task is too big or too small” mentality to apply. If this sounds like the right fit for you, please submit a detailed cover letter and your resume to be considered.
Thank you for your interest.