Location: Brookfield, CT
Position Overview: We are now looking for an experienced Procurement Specialist to assist with ROMTech’s procurement process. The ideal candidate will have experience identifying, selecting, and negotiating with suppliers. The Procurement Specialist will report directly to the Supply Chain Manager. This is a full-time, onsite position at our headquarters in Brookfield, CT.
- Continually develop procurement strategies that align with our objectives and goals.
- Identify products/parts and services and determine the most efficient and cost-effective way to obtain them.
- Work closely with our Engineering and with Manufacturing teams for parts needed to sustain production.
- Develop and maintain companywide procurement policies, processes and procedures and enforce so that required items are purchased in a timely manner.
- Identify potential suppliers and manage relationships. Negotiate contracts and ensure suppliers meet our quality standards and delivery timelines.
- Monitor supplier performance, address any issues that arise, and work collaboratively with suppliers to improve performance.
- Analyze procurement data to identify trends, risks, and opportunities for improvement and to develop strategies that optimize procurement performance.
- Ensure that procurement activities comply with relevant laws, regulations, and policies.
- Minimum 5 years of procurement experience in a manufacturing environment.
- Highly organized.
- Strong analytical skills.
- Ability to follow work instructions and update as required.
- ERP Experience (NetSuite).
- Proficient with Microsoft 365.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Natural problem solver
- Ability to establish rapport and grow vendor relationships.
- Experience in FDA-regulated manufacturing preferred.
- As necessary, travel to vendors/subcontractors to resolve issues, negotiate, or inspect processes.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.