Location: Brookfield, CT
ROMTech is now looking for an organized and detail-oriented Shipping Specialist to join our growing medical device company. As a crucial member of our Logistics team, you will be responsible for ensuring the smooth and efficient processing of outgoing shipments. This is a full time, Monday – Friday, 8:30am – 5:00pm, onsite position at our HQ in Brookfield, CT and reports directly to our Shipping Manager.
- Pick, pack and ship products to customers, vendors, and other ROMTech locations.
- Process orders in our ERP system.
- Submit shipments to 3rd Party Logistics’ (3PLs) web portals.
- Coordinate and provide status updates with internal and external stakeholders on shipments.
- Verify and maintain logs and records on outgoing shipments.
- Prepare bills of lading, shipping labels, and shipping documents.
- Communicate with carriers to resolve any issues or discrepancies.
- Ensure compliance with shipping policies and procedures.
- Handle hazardous materials in accordance with regulations.
- Additional tasks as requested.
- 1-3 years of experience in a shipping and receiving role.
- Knowledge of shipping procedures and regulations.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Good communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Proficiency in Microsoft 365, especially Excel.
- Experience with warehouse management systems, a plus.
- Must be able to maneuver 70 lbs. with aid.
We offer a competitive salary, comprehensive benefits package, and a supportive and dynamic work environment. If you are a detail-oriented individual with a passion for accuracy and efficiency, we encourage you to apply.
If this sounds like an exciting opportunity to embark in the next chapter of your career, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job.
- An up-to-date resume.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand for extended periods of time, walk, crouch and lift and/or move up to 70 pounds and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.