Location: Brookfield, CT
Employment: Full time
We are currently looking for a Staff Accountant to assist in preparing budgets, journal entries, reconciling all inventory accounts, coordinating annual physical inventory and cycle counts and contributing to profit planning. The Staff Accountant will be reporting to the Controller and be responsible for delivering high quality accounting and analytical support, ensuring the accuracy of the ROMTech’s accounting records and meeting the timely close for month-end, quarter-end, and year-end. This is a full time position based in Brookfield, CT.
- Responsible for preparation of journal entries for monthly closings.
- Assist in the preparation of standard and specialized financial reports for internal and external requirements.
- Assist in the A/P and A/R functions.
- Prepare bank account reconciliations within the ERP system.
- Prepare balance sheet account reconciliations.
- Prepare variance analysis.
- Record, maintain and reconcile fixed assets and related depreciation accounts.
- Assist with annual budget process and forecasting
- Analyze inventory valuations
- Minimum 3 years of experience as a Staff Accountant.
- 1-3 years of experience in a DME/healthcare company preferred.
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting.
- Advanced in Excel (Pivot Tables, VLOOKUPS).
- Excellent organizational skills and capacity to prioritize tasks.
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to build effective working relationships with internal partners.
The right candidate will be comfortable working with a small team and have a good balance of “doing things right” (quality, experience) and thinking outside the box / flexibility. We are a group of driven and passionate individuals and look for someone to have the same level of excitement for their work. We work hard but have a great time while doing so, mostly because of the great people we work with.
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to sit for extended periods of time and use hands to operate a computer and other office equipment. The employee is frequently required to reach with hands and arms, talk, and hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.