About the Position:
ROMTech now seeks a knowledgeable and organized Patient Collections Specialist to join our growing billing team. The Patient Collections Specialist will report directly to the A/R Supervisor. The ideal candidate is located in the NYC Metro area and is a subject matter expert on patient collections.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Communicate directly with patients regarding their financial responsibility for services rendered
- Oversee patient insurance estimates for services, coordinate payments, create and develop payment plans, self-pay plans and obtain ABNs as required
- Provide hardship options for qualified patients
- Follow the standard collection process to collect outstanding patient balances
- Continually review accounts to identify overdue payments, report collection activity, and address patient queries
- Execute monthly statements, collections letters and receipts as requested
- Document all calls accurately and in a timely manner in the billing system
- Send and obtain billing agreement information, review and upload all financial documents, set up automatic payments & building charges, process and allocate payments in the billing system
Qualifications & Requirements:
- 1+ years of experience in a related position
- Prior experience working remotely
- Ability to work independently and productively
- Technically savvy (Microsoft 365, RingCentral, Slack, DocuSign, etc.)
- Dr. Chrono experience, preferred
- Proven ability to type 50-60 WPM
Candidates must be able to pass a pre-employment drug test and criminal background check.
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
- A cover letter detailing why you are an ideal fit for this job
- An up-to-date resume
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status, or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.