We are currently looking for a Software Architect to assist us with refinement of the architecture and development of our patient-focused Android application, middleware, web-based portal and firmware.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Refine system architectures for our cloud connected medical therapy device
- Develop software using technologies such as Android, rest APIs/PHP, React, MySQL, C/C++
- Ensure the architecture can withstand the high demands of patient safety, confidentiality (HIPAA), IT security and the increased load as we scale the business
- Define optimal solutions with a view to maintainability and availability of the system
- Follow regulatory requirements in medical technology
- Support the development of system and software requirements
- Assist developers in implementing the software requirements
- Maintain and continue to learn new technology as needed for the role
- Serve as the lead software engineer, providing guidance and mentorship to the software team members
- Lead design reviews, code reviews and risk analysis activities
- Work well with others in a fast-paced Agile environment
- Bachelor’s or advanced degree in computer science, computer engineering or related scientific discipline is highly desirable
- 5+ years of experience as a software architect in a regulated environment
- Experience in the medical device / medical technology industry preferred
- Experience in client/server architecture, cloud architecture and BLE communications
Qualified candidates, please respond and include:
1. A cover letter detailing why you are the ideal fit for this job
2. An up-to-date resume
Candidates who send resumes without the requested cover letter will not be considered.
Finally, openness, honesty, and candidness are qualities we respond to — as opposed to framing things in the right way with the right words. Please be who you are and let the dice roll
We are an equal opportunity employer. Qualified Applicants are considered for positions and are evaluated without regard to mental or physical disability, race, color, religion, gender, national origin, age, genetic information, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, marital status or any other classification protected under applicable Federal, State or Local law.
ROMTech offers competitive salaries, advancement opportunities, and a full range of benefits, including paid vacation, 401(k), medical, dental, and vision.